It is a beautiful Spring Day and I have opened up the windows and am looking at clearing out the clutter that seems to have appeared while I was hibernating. If you want to join me, I am offering a few tips to support your preparation.
Your first task is to clear off your desk.
- Get rid of the things you don’t use or don’t like.
- File away those papers that need to be retained.
- Shred or recycle those papers that are no longer needed.
- If dealing with paper feels daunting, try doing it in 15-minute increments.
- Only have items you love or use daily on your desk.
- Set up a email filters for those newsletters you want to keep getting. Unsubscribe from those that aren’t serving you any more.
- Organize your passwords.
- Decide on a calendaring system.
- Clean out your email inbox and voice mail messages.
- Clean out your refrigerator, pantry, and closets.
- Do those minor home improvement items you’ve been meaning to get to (fix leaky faucet, hang pictures).
With a clear an organized space – and without the distractions of the minor repairs sucking up your energy – you are on a good path to getting focused and getting things done.
To your business success!