There are days when I just don’t feel like doing what I am supposed to be doing. Made the plan. Working the plan. Just not feeling it today. And I know I need to take those steps to achieve my goal.
How can you light a fire under your butt to get the right things done?
I do things like set a timer for 15 minutes to work on the stuff I don’t want to do. I promise myself I can quit after 15 minutes, knowing that a wee bit of progress is better than time spent scrolling through Facebook.
Or I will go for a walk and start fresh when I get back to my desk. Sometimes that fresh air helps clear my mind and I can regain focus.
Or I call/text/email my accountability partner to get myself psyched up.
If you are still seeking ways to motivate yourself, here are some articles I have dug up that might help you:
The key messages in this article are:
1. Get Positive
2. Get Rewarded
3. Get Peer Pressure
The tips in this article are:
1. Act within the first 5 seconds of an idea.
2. Have a vision board in a prominent place.
3. Break it down into smaller chunks.
4. Compile your “get it done” music and play it.
5. Use affirmations
There are 10 tips for you to run through in this one.
1. Put more meat into your goals.
2. Hang out with your customers.
3. Set a personal mission.
4. Take time for yourself
5. Savor your successes.
6. Mentor others.
7. Set up a routine, then change it up.
8. Immerse yourself in inspirational activities.
9. Make a positive contribution to your community.
10. Don’t go it alone.
So there you go. A bunch of ideas on how to get yourself moving when you don’t feel like it.